Skilled Representation by West Des Moines Truck Accident Lawyers
Experienced legal help when you are seriously injured
Any truck accident can have serious consequences. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there was a nine percent increase in large truck accidents from 2009 to 2010 ¾ with almost 3,500 large trucks involved in fatal collisions. In fact, 60 people died in truck accidents in Iowa in 2011 alone. If you or a loved one suffers injury in a truck accident in West Des Moines, the skilled attorneys of Hope Law Firm, PLC can provide the legal representation you need. With more than 40 years of combined experience, we help you recover fair compensation, your health and your hopes for the future.
Understanding tractor trailer accidents
Given the size of an 18-wheeler, personal injury from a truck collision is often severe. Our attorneys work skillfully to obtain compensation for clients suffering trucking accident injuries from emotional shock to wrongful death in West Des Moines, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones and laceration
Violations that lead to accidents in West Des Moines
There are many causes of truck accidents in Iowa, including texting while driving and operating a big rig when fatigued. Because such accidents are so dangerous, the trucking industry is regulated on both the state and federal levels.
Common factors contributing to truck collisions include:
- Violation of rules of the road: Poor driving — including excessive speed and following too closely — can lead to accidents.
- Industry infractions: Driver impairment and distraction routinely cause accidents as well. Drivers who violate Hours of Service (HOS) requirements are driving fatigued — and breaking the law. Trucking companies can be held responsible if they pressure their drivers to violate HOS requirements.
- Mechanical or loading failure: Faulty or insufficient maintenance, equipment failure and improperly loaded trucks take lives each year.
Getting help after a collision
Trucking companies usually dispatch investigators to a truck accident scene within hours of a collision. They gather crucial evidence about:
- Crash site metrics: Measurements, photographs and evidence found at the scene
- Data: On-board truck computer, electronic data recorder and log-book information
- Parties: Background of driver and other parties to the accident, including the trucking company, the truck owner, mechanics or manufacturers, among others
Investigation of the cause of your injury is essential to building a strong foundation for compensation. If you are injured in a truck accident in West Des Moines, speak to our lawyers at the outset of your injury, before valuable evidence and witness testimony are lost. We can help.
Call Hope Law Firm, PLC to assist with a truck accident lawsuit in West Des Moines today
An experienced truck accident attorney in West Des Moines at Hope Law Firm, PLC provides seasoned legal counsel and helps you get your life back on track. Contact us or call 515-255-3559 to schedule a free consultation. We respond rapidly and meet with you after-hours by appointment when needed.