Des Moines Workers’ Compensation Attorneys
Effective Representation for Injured Workers throughout Iowa - No Fee Until We Win!
If you are injured on the job or develop a work-related illness, you may be eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Iowa law requires most employers to maintain workers’ comp insurance, but claiming benefits is not always easy and straightforward.
If an insurance company denies your claim or infringes any of your rights under the law, a dedicated attorney at Hope Law Firm can help. Since 2003, we have helped injured Iowans get the compensation they deserve. We provide aggressive and capable representation, and our experience with the workers’ comp system makes us effective advocates for your rights.
Your Benefits under Iowa Workers’ Compensation Law
Iowa’s workers’ compensation law creates a no-fault insurance system that protects workers against injuries and illness arising out of employment and in the course of employment. Coverage begins on day one of your employment. As long as your injury is work related, you are protected, even if your own mistake or carelessness caused the injury.
- Medical expenses — Workers’ comp pays 100% of the costs for all treatments deemed reasonable and necessary.
- Temporary Total Disability — When your injury or illness prevents you from working, this benefit pays 80% of your spendable weekly earnings up to 200% of the statewide average of weekly wages. The benefit ends when you return to work.
- Temporary Partial Disability — If during your recuperation, you return to light duty at a lower wage, this benefit pays 66 2/3% of the difference between your regular weekly earnings and your earnings on light duty.
- Healing Period — When you are recuperating from an injury or illness that produces a permanent impairment, this benefit pays 80% of your spendable weekly earnings up to 200% of the statewide average of weekly wages. This benefit ends when you return to work or receive a medical prognosis that your condition will not improve significantly.
- Permanent Partial Disability — If your injury or illness has produced a permanent disability but you are capable of gainful employment, this benefit pays 80% of your spendable weekly earnings up to 184% of the statewide weekly average for a certain number of weeks, based on the nature of the disability. For example, a worker who loses the use of a hand receives benefits for 190 weeks.
- Permanent Total Disability — If your injury has left you unable to hold gainful employment, this benefit pays 80% of your spendable weekly earnings up to 200% of the statewide average of weekly wages for as long as you remain disabled.
- Death benefits — A surviving spouse and dependent children can receive payments equal to 80% of the worker’s spendable weekly earnings up to 200% of the statewide average of weekly wages.
If you are eligible for any of these benefits but an insurer has denied your claim, our Des Moines workers' compensation attorneys are ready to fight for your rights.
How Hope Law Firm Helps You Recover Benefits
There are many problems workers encounter when they try to file for workers’ comp.
The issues that we manage effectively for clients include:
- Employer’s failure to buy insurance
- Claim denied due to “independent contractor” status
- Claim denied as “not work related”
- Treatment denied as not “reasonable or necessary”
- Worker denied a second opinion
- Disputes over degree of disability
- Permanent disability settlements
In some cases, our attorneys uncover evidence of negligence by a third party who caused the injury. Those circumstances can provide grounds for a negligence lawsuit, allowing you to recover 100% of your lost earnings as well as pain and suffering damages. As accomplished workers' comp attorneys, we are well positioned to represent you in a third-party lawsuit.
Contact Hope Law Firm
When your workers’ comp claim is denied, Hope Law Firm provides the capable representation you need to obtain the benefits you deserve. Our Des Moines workers’ compensation attorneys have the skill and experience to manage your claim and/or appeal to a successful conclusion.
Thousands of cases successfully handled for our clients.
No fee until we win & flexible hours to meet your needs.
We treat you with compassion, honesty, dignity and respect.
We take an aggressive approach & have a proven track record.