Strong & Dependable Personal Injury Legal Services
Personal injury law addresses wrongful actions that injure others. Iowa follows a rule of comparative fault, meaning your own partial responsibility for the accident that injured you does not bar recovery of compensation unless your percentage of fault exceeded the fault of all others.
If you are harmed through the wrongdoing of others, you may lose time at work, face mounting medical bills, and experience life-changing injuries. Hope Law Firm is here to help.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Providing knowledgeable representation to injured clients throughout Warren, Polk, and Dallas counties, our Iowa personal injury law firm offer skilled legal counsel for all types of injury cases.
We frequently handle cases involving:
- Animal and dog bites: We vigorously pursue compensation if you or a family member is bitten or attacked by an animal.
- Car accidents: Even minor accidents cause serious injury. Our personal injury attorneys respond with vigorous legal action if you are hurt in Des Moines.
- Truck accidents: We can pursue compensation from the appropriate party, be it the driver, the trucking company, or some other third party.
- Pedestrian accidents: We respond rapidly and thoroughly to protect your rights and your legal claim after an accident.
- Motorcycle accidents: If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, we deliver experienced legal help at the negotiating table or in the courtroom.
- Defective products: From power tools to medication, defective products cause serious injury. Our personal injury attorneys in Des Moines provide determined representation to achieve a favorable outcome for your injury case.
- Nursing home and elder abuse: We help if an elderly or disabled loved one is hurt through the negligence of caregivers.
- Slip and falls: As a seasoned personal injury law firm, we provide trusted counsel if you suffer a fall caused by negligence.
- Medical malpractice: Nobody expects to be harmed while in the care of trained medical professionals. If you were injured as a result of negligent medical care, our attorneys can help you pursue justice.
- Construction accidents: If you were injured due to a construction site manager’s negligence, defective machinery, or any other type of hazard on a construction site, Hope Law Firm is here to help.
- Workers’ compensation: When you are hurt in the workplace, our firm provides effective legal counsel to obtain the benefits you deserve.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one suffers untimely death due to the negligence of others, we skillfully take the steps needed to pursue a successful legal action on your behalf.
Why Hire Our Des Moines Personal Injury Attorneys?
The last thing you need after suffering an injury through no fault of your own is to face a mountain of medical bills and the notoriously complex legal system. Our Des Moines personal injury attorneys at Hope Law Firm have the experience and expertise to help you navigate the legal process, understand your rights, and work to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
One of the benefits of working with our attorneys is that we can take on the burden of dealing with insurance companies and other parties involved in your case. We can handle negotiations and advocate on your behalf to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible.
Additionally, our personal injury attorneys can provide valuable support and guidance throughout the entire legal process. We can help you gather evidence, build a strong case, and represent you in court if necessary.
Overall, working with our Des Moines personal injury attorneys can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case. By having legal professionals on your side, you can focus on your recovery while we work to secure the compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
What Is A Personal Injury Lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer is a type of attorney who specializes in cases involving physical or psychological injuries caused by the negligence or intentional acts of another person, company, or entity. Personal injury lawyers represent victims who have suffered harm due to the negligence or wrongful conduct of another party. They work to obtain compensation for their clients’ physical, emotional, and financial losses.
What Do Personal Injury Lawyers Do?
Personal injury lawyers handle a wide variety of cases, from motor vehicle accidents to medical malpractice and from product liability to wrongful death. They also help victims of workplace accidents, defective products, and other injuries caused by negligence. The attorney’s job is to investigate the case, gather evidence, and file a lawsuit to seek compensation for the injured party. Personal injury lawyers provide legal advice and representation to victims of personal injury, and they fight to ensure that their clients receive fair and just compensation.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Iowa
It’s important to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident or injury. This is because there are time limits for filing a claim (also called "statute of limitations"). A personal injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options, and they can help you determine if filing a lawsuit is the best course of action.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury in Iowa?
The statute of limitations for bringing personal injury claims in Iowa is two years. This means that, if a person is injured due to someone else's negligence, the injured victim has two years to file a personal injury claim. After two years, the statute of limitations is up.
How Do You Prove Liability in a Personal Injury Case?
To prove liability, the injured party must establish that the defendant had a duty of care towards them and breached that duty. This breach of duty must be the direct cause of the injury sustained. Evidence such as witness statements, police reports, photographs, and medical records can be used to prove liability. It is important to gather and preserve evidence as soon as possible after suffering an injury to ensure a strong case. Additionally, hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer can greatly assist in proving liability and navigating the legal process.
Do Personal Injury Lawyers Go To Court?
Personal injury cases can be resolved in a variety of ways, including out-of-court settlements and court trials. Generally speaking, the parties are able to reach a settlement without having to go to trial and the personal injury case is resolved through out-of-court settlements. However, some cases may require a trial because the parties are unable to reach an agreement. In some cases, the parties may disagree about the amount of compensation that should be awarded. In other cases, the defendant may deny liability for the accident.
What Percentage of Personal Injury Cases Go to Trial?
Approximately 95% of personal injury cases are settled prior to trial. Therefore, only 5% of injury cases typically go to trial. Generally, cases only go to court when facts are disputed. The more meticulous your injury attorney is while building your case, the less likely it is to go to court.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
The only way to determine how much your case is worth is to calculate how much you have suffered in damages. Damages can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. A personal injury attorney can help you figure out your case's value.
What Is Pain and Suffering?
Pain and suffering includes harm caused by physical injury and mental anguish experienced through avoiding activities you engaged in prior to your accident and the potential of surgery.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Des Moines
We understand the physical and economic pain of personal injury. Our Des Moines personal injury lawyer provides compassionate client service while fighting to achieve a favorable outcome for your injury case.