Des Moines Personal Injury Attorneys
Strong & Dependable Personal Injury Legal Services
Personal injury law addresses wrongful actions that injure others. Iowa follows a rule of comparative fault, meaning your own partial responsibility for the accident that injured you does not bar recovery of compensation unless your percentage of fault exceeded the fault of all others.
If you are harmed through the wrongdoing of others, you may lose time at work, face mounting medical bills, and experience life-changing injuries. Hope Law Firm is here to help.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Providing knowledgeable representation to injured clients throughout Warren, Polk, and Dallas counties, our Iowa personal injury law firm offer skilled legal counsel for all types of injury cases.
We frequently handle cases involving:
- Animal and dog bites: We vigorously pursue compensation if you or a family member is bitten or attacked by an animal.
- Car accidents: Even minor accidents cause serious injury. Our personal injury attorneys respond with vigorous legal action if you are hurt in Des Moines.
- Truck accidents: We can pursue compensation from the appropriate party, be it the driver, the trucking company, or some other third party.
- Pedestrian accidents: We respond rapidly and thoroughly to protect your rights and your legal claim after an accident.
- Motorcycle accidents: If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, we deliver experienced legal help at the negotiating table or in the courtroom.
- Defective products: From power tools to medication, defective products cause serious injury. Our personal injury attorneys in Des Moines provide determined representation to achieve a favorable outcome for your injury case.
- Nursing home and elder abuse: We help if a loved one is hurt through the negligence of caregivers.
- Slip and falls: As a seasoned personal injury law firm, we provide trusted counsel if you suffer a fall caused by negligence.
- Construction accidents: If you were injured due to a construction site manager’s negligence, defective machinery, or any other type of hazard on a construction site, Hope Law Firm is here to help.
- Workers’ compensation: When you are hurt in the workplace, our firm provides effective legal counsel to obtain the benefits you deserve.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one suffers untimely death due to the negligence of others, we skillfully take the steps needed to pursue a successful legal action on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Questions
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury in Iowa?
The statute of limitations for bringing personal injury claims in Iowa is two years. This means that, if a person is injured due to someone else's negligence, the injured victim has two years to file a personal injury claim. After two years, the statute of limitations is up.
Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
Approximately 95% of personal injury cases are settled prior to trial. Generally, cases only go to court when facts are disputed. The more meticulous your attorney is while building your case, the less likely it is to go to court.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
The only way to determine how much your case is worth is to calculate how much you have suffered in damages. Damages can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. A personal injury attorney can help you figure out your cases’ value.
What Is Pain and Suffering?
Pain and suffering includes harm caused by physical injury and mental anguish experienced through avoiding activities you engaged in prior to your accident and the potential of surgery.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Des Moines
We understand the physical and economic pain of personal injury. Our Des Moines personal injury lawyer provides compassionate client service while fighting to achieve a favorable outcome for your injury case.
Thousands of cases successfully handled for our clients.
No fee until we win & flexible hours to meet your needs.
We take an aggressive approach & have a proven track record.
We treat you with compassion, honesty, dignity and respect.