Our Lawyers Hold Property Owners Accountable for Injuries to Children in Des Moines
Advocating for children’s safety
Our personal injury attorneys at The Hope Law Firm, PLC believe strongly in what we do: helping injured clients achieve justice against the negligent corporations and people responsible. When a case involves an injury to a child, our team is motivated to obtain the maximum possible compensation for our client and to prevent injury to other children. We advocate for safe conditions for children in Des Moines and our surrounding communities.
If your child was bitten by a dog, hurt on a playground or injured in another type of incident, we can take decisive steps to recover damages from the wrongdoers. We treat your child and your family with compassion and respect during the legal process.
During the summer, a dip in the pool is a refreshing and fun reprieve. However, public and residential swimming pools place young children and teens at serious risk of:
Iowa statutes require owners to place fencing around pools, to cover suction drains, to warn against shallow water and to mark deep areas. Property owners may even be held liable if a child uses the pool uninvited.
Trampolines are dangerous, but they are often used as toys. Children may be subject to such catastrophic injuries as:
In many instances, these injuries could have been avoided if the owners had taken sufficient precautions in setting up, maintaining and supervising the trampoline on their property.
Playgrounds promote healthy exercise and positive social interactions. But schools, community centers and private owners have a responsibility to promote children’s safety by taking such measures as:
- Laying cushiony material, such as rubber, underneath equipment
- Building or painting equipment with heat-resistant materials to avoid scalding during hot weather
- Removing choking hazards, including rope swings and climbing nets with rungs of certain widths
- Checking equipment for sharp edges, such as jutting screws or sharp slide edges
- Inspecting for disrepair, such as wobbly ladders or broken swing joints
- Supervising children playing on the equipment
Unfortunately, poorly designed, supervised or maintained playgrounds can cause severe injuries. If your child was harmed, we can help.
Bouncy houses are popular with parents and children. These inflatable structures are often set up at parties, camps and carnivals all across Iowa. The soft walls and floor give the illusion of safety, but that safety can be compromised if the owner acts negligently, such as by:
- Blowing up an inflatable structure near walls, power lines or trees
- Failing to properly secure the structure with lines
- Allowing larger children to play with smaller children in the structure
- Permitting kids to roughhouse or flip inside the inflatable house
- Neglecting to check whether the house is losing air
Dog attacks are another common danger for children, who are naturally drawn to animals. In their innocence, children cannot always identify a vicious dog that may be primed to attack. Owners are responsible for controlling and securing their dogs to protect children and others from dog bites.
Help your children recover
The Hope Law Firm, PLC represents Des Moines parents whose children have died or have been injured because of negligence. Set up a free case assessment today by calling (515) 298-5056 or by contacting us online. Through our contingency fee arrangement, you do not pay any legal fees unless we recover damages on behalf of your child.
Thousands of cases successfully handled for our clients.
No fee until we win & flexible hours to meet your needs.
We treat you with compassion, honesty, dignity and respect.
We take an aggressive approach & have a proven track record.