Des Moines Car Accident Attorneys
Pursuing the Recoveries You Deserve After a Car Crash
A car accident can have a devastating effect on you and your family. You may sustain serious personal injury and property damage. You may also suffer the economic hardship of medical bills, repair bills, rental car expenses, and lost income because you cannot work.
To receive fair compensation for all the damages you sustained, contact Hope Law Firm. Our car accident attorneys in Des Moines have the experience needed to assist you in every step of the legal process when seeking fair compensation for your losses.
Common Types of Car Accidents
To help you get the amount of compensation your injuries deserve, your attorney must be able to prove what caused the accident and who is to blame. At The Hope Law Firm, we’ve managed cases with a variety of collision scenarios, including:
- Head-on — By far the most dangerous traffic collisions involve cars traveling in opposite directions at high speeds when one of the cars crosses into the oncoming lane. In head-on collisions the forces of two moving objects are added together, producing catastrophic results. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, the fault lies with the driver who crossed the divider.
- Rear end — These collisions are not as deadly because the force of the oncoming car is absorbed as the rear end of the stationary car crumples. Even more, force is dispelled if the struck car is moving. But complications occur when the struck car is forced forward into other vehicles in a chain reaction. The driver of the struck car may also lose control, veering into another lane. Rear-end collisions are usually a sign that the oncoming car was following too closely or not paying attention.
- Side-swipe — A violent brush in either the opposite or same direction can cause a struck car to over-correct, so it flies off the road or into other lanes of traffic. The fault lies with the driver who wandered into the adjacent lane.
- T-bone — A common accident at intersections, a T-bone occurs when the front of one vehicle hits the broad side of another. At high speeds, T-bone crashes can be deadly for either driver. The cause is usually a driver’s failure to observe a stop sign or red light.
- Angular — Another common type of intersection crash occurs when a turning car and a car driving straight through hit at less than a 90-degree angle. Here, too, the fault is usually on the part of a driver who ran a stop sign or red light.
Our familiarity with a variety of collision types and patterns of liability allows us to investigate your accident efficiently to build a compelling case.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Your attorney must be able to speak the language of the medical profession and translate it comprehensibly for a judge and jury. Our attorneys have successfully managed cases of severe injury and can represent your case for:
The Hope Law Firm works diligently with your doctors to assemble the evidence necessary to convey fully the extent of your injuries in building a solid case for relief.
Document the Details of the Crash
We can help you get the compensation that you deserve by filing an accident lawsuit. Any information you can provide will help our lawyers guide you through the legal process and see to it that you are treated fairly.
You can provide information by:
- Writing down what you know about the accident — don’t rely on your memory alone
- Documenting the damage — take photos of the accident site and of the damage to your car and keep receipts for repairs and car rental
- Filling out an accident report form — do not admit to blame, just stick to the facts
Securing Compensation for Your Accident Injury
Not all car accidents result in injury. However, if you do suffer an injury – no matter how small or severe it may be – document it. Your insurance company adjuster may not seem to be working hard enough on your behalf or the other party’s insurance company adjuster may not properly evaluate any injuries. You need to have as much as possible to back up your claims.
There cannot be enough said about the value of documented details such as:
- Photos of your injuries
- Medical reports and doctors’ bills
- Receipts for ambulance rides
- Receipts for medications and medical appliances
You should also write down examples of how your quality of life has been affected.
For example, document any:
- Problems sleeping
- Loss of independence
- Strain on family life
Any information you can provide will help our Des Moines car accident lawyers guide you through a lawsuit and help you to be treated fairly.
Frequently Asked Car Accident Questions
How long does it take for a car accident case to settle?
The timeline for settlement depends on the facts of your individual case. Our personal injury lawyers act decisively to settle your case for the amount you deserve in as short a time as possible. Our team has substantial experience dealing with insurance companies, and we know how to keep your case moving forward.
What happens if I get in an accident in someone else’s car?
If you are an occupant or the driver of another person’s car, the owner’s insurance company typically covers the claim. You can also file a claim with your own auto insurance company.
Do I need a personal injury lawyer if I am not at fault?
An experienced personal injury attorney can help you recover the maximum possible damages for your injuries. The Hope Law Firm offers a free consultation, so you can discuss your options without risk.
Should I report a car accident if it seems like there are no injuries?
Symptoms of injuries often do not manifest right away. You may not feel pain from a soft-tissue injury or herniated disk for several hours, for example. Also, you may not realize you suffered a head injury until friends notice changes in your cognition, memory and coordination. For this reason, you should seek an evaluation from a medical professional after an accident and report your accident to police and to your insurance company as soon as possible. Your insurance company may not cover your damages if you fail to report the car accident in a timely manner.
How much money can I get for my auto accident damages?
Our PI lawyers can only answer this question after we fully assess the facts of your case and the extent of your injuries. We discuss your legal options and potential outcomes at your free consultation.
How long do I have to report an injury?
Your insurance policy states how long you have to report an injury to your insurance company. However, we advise you to notify your insurance company as soon as possible so your agent can begin processing your claim.
How long do I have to file a claim?
Iowa has a two-year statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit for personal injury damages. However, The Hope Law Firm, PLC urges you to pursue your case right away so your claim can be resolved sooner.
Contact our Car Accident Attorneys in Des Moines
When it comes to managing your personal injury legal claim, there’s no substitute for experience. At The Hope Law Firm, PLC, our attorneys have distinguished themselves over decades of service to injured plaintiffs.
Thousands of cases successfully handled for our clients.
We take an aggressive approach & have a proven track record.
We treat you with compassion, honesty, dignity and respect.
LOOK NO FURTHER.- David G.
She always responded in a timely manner with the exact information I needed.- Jared F.
Wonderful firm!- Shannon
Andy was wonderful!- Gabi P.
Katie and her staff were a pleasure to work with from start to finish and I would highly recommend her.- Lisa S.