Ankeny Personal Injury Lawyer
Reliable and Trustworthy Legal Services for Personal Injuries
Personal injury law deals with situations where others cause harm to individuals. In Iowa, the principle of comparative fault applies, meaning that your partial responsibility for the accident that caused your injury doesn't prevent you from seeking compensation unless your level of fault exceeds that of all others involved.
If you've been harmed due to someone else's wrongdoing, it can lead to lost work time, mounting medical expenses, and life-altering injuries. The Hope Law Firm is here to assist you.
To get in touch with our experienced personal injury attorneys in Ankeny, call (515) 298-5056.
What Do Personal Injury Lawyers Do?
Personal injury lawyers handle a wide range of cases, from motor vehicle accidents to medical malpractice and product liability to wrongful death. They help victims of workplace accidents, defective products, and other injuries caused by negligence.
Their role is to investigate the case, gather evidence, and file a lawsuit to seek compensation for the injured party. Personal injury lawyers provide legal advice and representation to ensure their clients receive fair and just compensation.
Why Choose Our Ankeny Personal Injury Attorneys?
The last thing you need after suffering an injury through no fault of your own is to face the burden of medical bills and navigate the complex legal system. At Hope Law Firm, our Ankeny personal injury attorneys have the experience and expertise to guide you through the legal process, protect your rights, and work toward securing fair compensation for your injuries.
One of the advantages of working with our attorneys is that we can shoulder the responsibility of dealing with insurance companies and other involved parties. We handle negotiations and advocate for you to ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible.
Our personal injury attorneys provide valuable support and guidance throughout the entire legal process. We assist you in gathering evidence, building a strong case, and representing you in court if necessary.
Partnering with our Ankeny personal injury attorneys can significantly impact the outcome of your case. With legal professionals on your side, you can focus on your recovery while we work diligently to secure the compensation you deserve.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Iowa-based personal injury law firm provides knowledgeable representation to injured clients throughout Warren, Polk, and Dallas counties.
We offer skilled legal counsel for various types of injury cases, including:
- Animal and dog bites: We aggressively pursue compensation if you or a family member has been bitten or attacked by an animal.
- Car accidents: Even minor accidents can result in serious injuries. Our personal injury attorneys take swift and vigorous legal action if you're hurt in Ankeny.
- Truck accidents: Whether it's the driver, the trucking company, or another third party at fault, we can pursue compensation on your behalf.
- Pedestrian accidents: After an accident, we respond promptly and thoroughly to protect your rights and legal claim.
- Motorcycle accidents: If you've been injured in a motorcycle accident, we provide experienced legal assistance during negotiations or in the courtroom.
- Defective products: Whether it's power tools or medication, defective products can cause severe injuries. Our personal injury attorneys in Ankeny are determined to achieve a favorable outcome for your case.
- Nursing home and elder abuse: If an elderly or disabled loved one has been harmed due to caregiver negligence, we can help.
- Slip and falls: As a seasoned personal injury law firm, we provide trusted counsel if you've suffered a fall caused by negligence.
- Medical malpractice: Nobody expects to be harmed while under the care of trained medical professionals. If you were injured due to negligent medical care, our attorneys can help you seek justice.
- Construction accidents: Whether it's the negligence of a construction site manager, defective machinery, or any other hazard on a construction site, we're here to assist if you've been injured.
- Workers' compensation: When you're injured in the workplace, our firm provides effective legal counsel to ensure you receive the benefits you deserve.
- Wrongful death: If a loved one experiences untimely death due to the negligence of others, we skillfully pursue legal action on your behalf.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Iowa?
It's crucial to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after an accident or injury. This is because there are time limits, known as the "statute of limitations," for filing a claim. A personal injury lawyer can help you understand your legal rights, explore your options, and determine the best course of action, which may include filing a lawsuit.
Iowa Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury
In Iowa, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years. This means that if you're injured due to someone else's negligence, you have two years to file a personal injury claim. Once two years have passed, the statute of limitations expires.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
The value of your personal injury case depends on the damages you have suffered. Damages can include medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. A personal injury attorney can help you determine the worth of your case based on these factors.
Proving Liability in a Personal Injury Case
To prove liability, the injured party must establish that the defendant had a duty of care towards them and breached that duty, resulting in the injury. Evidence such as witness statements, police reports, photographs, and medical records can be used to prove liability. It's important to gather and preserve evidence as soon as possible after the injury to build a strong case. Hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer can greatly assist in proving liability and navigating the legal process.
What Percentage of Personal Injury Cases Go to Trial?
Approximately 95% of personal injury cases are settled before going to trial, with only 5% of cases proceeding to court. Generally, cases go to trial when the facts are disputed. The more thorough your injury attorney is in building your case, the less likely it is to go to court.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Ankeny
We understand the physical and financial hardships caused by personal injuries. Our Ankeny personal injury lawyers provide compassionate client service while fighting for a favorable outcome in your case.
Thousands of cases successfully handled for our clients.
We take an aggressive approach & have a proven track record.
We treat you with compassion, honesty, dignity and respect.