Serving Iowa Families Statewide | Se Habla EspaƱol

News: 1 hurt following kitchen fire on Jackson Dr in Marion

MARION, IA - A woman was hurt in a kitchen fire inside a mobile home on the 1900 block of Jackson Dr on Monday, according to KCRG.

Crews responded to the fire around 11 p.m. A mother and her two children had exited the mobile home by the time crews arrived.

A Marion police officer used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire.

Medics transported the mother to an area hospital with burns to her extremities.

Officials say the fire was caused by heated grease on a stovetop.

Have you been hurt in a fire on someone else's property? If so, the Iowa personal injury lawyers at Hope Law Firm have helped countless people like you. Insurance companies are not your friends and may try to convince you to accept a lowball settlement. Our team will fight to secure the compensation you deserve for your injuries. You can schedule a free consultation with us to discuss the details of your case by completing our contact form or calling 515-298-5056.