DES MOINES, IA - According to WHO 13, a person was treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire on the 1200 block of 13th St on Friday.
Emergency crews responded to the home around 7:30 a.m. Heavy smoke was pouring from the house by the time they arrived.
Firefighters used a ladder to rescue two adults from the second floor of the building.
Paramedics transported one of the rescued adults to an area hospital for smoke inhalation.
Officials believe a kitchen fire caused the incident.
Have you been hurt in a fire on someone else's property? If so, Hope Law Firm's Iowa personal injury lawyers are here to help you navigate the complex Iowa legal system. We understand the physical and economic pain of personal injury. We provide compassionate client service while fighting to achieve a favorable outcome for your injury case. You can schedule a free consultation with us to review your case using our contact form or by calling 515-298-5056.