Serving Iowa Families Statewide | Se Habla EspaƱol

News: Fatal fire in Mason City caused by electrical power strip

MASON CITY, IA - Officials say an electrical power strip was to blame for the fatal house fire on the 500 block of Washington Ave Wednesday, according to We Are Iowa.

Firefighters were called to the scene of the blaze around 5:05 a.m.

The four children who died in the fire ranged in age from 3 to 12 years old.

A 55-year-old male and an 11-year-old female were able to escape the inferno. Rescue crews transported them to an area hospital with burn injuries.

Do not hesitate to enlist the services of the Iowa personal injury lawyers from Hope Law Firm if you have been hurt in a wreck another driver caused. You can schedule a free consultation with us to go over your case by using our contact form or calling 515-298-5056.