1055 Jordan Creek Parkway, Suite 200, West Des Moines, Iowa 50266

Auto Accident Frequently Asked Questions

Hope Law Firm P.L.C. — the aggressive and affordable legal remedy for your auto accident

Contact us online to schedule your free 30-minute consultation or call us at 515-255-3559 . We offer night and weekend appointments for your convenience. If you cannot come to our office, we will come to you. We accept Visa and MasterCard. There is Hope in Iowa.

Should I provide a statement to an insurance company without a lawyer’s help?


It is in your best interests to provide only your contact information to an insurance company until you consult with a lawyer. The more significant your injuries, the more imperative it becomes to seek legal counsel before providing any statement.


Will I have to go to trial to recover damages?


About 95 percent of personal injury cases filed settles prior to trial.


What is considered “pain and suffering?”


Pain and suffering includes harm caused by physical injury and mental anguish experienced through avoiding activities you engaged in prior to your accident and the potential of surgery.


Can the insurance company refuse to pay my medical bills if my car was not damaged?


No. While the insurance company may try to draw a direct correlation between damage done to your car and the severity of your personal injury, it is possible that the body sustains damage even if the car did not. The reverse may also be true — a car might experience major impact, but the people might only suffer minor cuts and bruises.


The insurance company has offered me far less for my vehicle than what I owe on it. I thought they had to at least pay off my loan.


Your insurance company is typically only required to pay the cash value of the vehicle. It does not have to pay your loan.


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form