Des Moines Medical Malpractice Lawyers Advocate for Injured Patients
Effective representation from experienced and dedicated attorneys
When you visit a doctor, a dentist, a hospital, or any healthcare provider, you have a right to expect quality care. So, when a healthcare provider makes a careless error that harms you, you have a right to full and fair compensation. At Hope Law Firm, PLC, we are determined to help injured patients recover for their losses. Medical injuries require complex proof that establishes causation and the full extent of the harm committed. We have the knowledge, experience and resources to investigate your medical injury, identify the at-fault parties, and prosecute your case vigorously. If you’ve been seriously injured by a healthcare professional in Des Moines or anywhere in Iowa, we’re prepared to help. With Hope, you can move forward with your life.
Common mistakes that lead to malpractice claims in Iowa
Essentially, medical malpractice is a breach of a healthcare provider’s duty of care that results in an injury to a patient. In a malpractice case, a provider must commit an act or omission that a reasonably competent practitioner would not. This can happen in many ways, including:
- Diagnostic error — A doctor can make a mistake about diagnosis, delaying treatment so the patient’s condition worsens. Diagnostic mistakes also cover failing to order appropriate medical tests, misreading test results, failing to observe symptoms, and failing to associate symptoms with the correct condition.
- Treatment error — A doctor can order inappropriate treatment that is either ineffective, allowing the condition to worsen, or directly harms the patient in some way.
- Medication error — There are several types of medication errors, including prescribing the wrong drug, filling the prescription with the wrong drug, prescribing the wrong dosage, administering the wrong dosage, and ordering or administering drugs in dangerous combinations.
- Surgical error — No surgery is without risks, but too often patients suffer harm from anesthesia errors, incision errors, wrong-side surgery, wrong-site surgery, objects left in the body cavity, and other avoidable mishaps.
- Postoperative errors — Providers must monitor patients closely after surgery. Postoperative infections are almost entirely preventable when patients receive competent care.
Hope Law Firm, PLC represents Iowans who’ve been harmed by medical doctors, dentists, surgeons, nurses, nurse practitioners, chiropractors, pharmacists, hospitals, and nursing homes.
Trust a reputable West Des Moines law firm with your medical malpractice claim
If you’ve suffered serious harm from negligent medical care, Hope Law Firm, PLC can help you recover the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys have the skill and experience to prosecute your case vigorously. To schedule a free consultation, call or contact us online.