Experienced advocates make the most of your accident claim
When choosing the attorney to handle your car accident case, be careful to select someone with specific experience with your type of accident and injury. To maximize your financial recovery, your attorney must present a compelling summary of your injuries, which includes the degree of your pain, your prognosis for recovery, the extent of your rehabilitation and the degree to which you might be permanently disabled. At The Hope Law Firm, PLC, we want to understand every minute detail of your case, so we can advocate effectively for your best result.
Detailed knowledge of numerous car crash injuries
Your attorney must be able to speak the language of the medical profession and translate it comprehensibly for a judge and jury. Our attorneys have successfully managed cases of severe injury and can represent your case for:
The Hope Law Firm works diligently with your doctors to assemble the evidence necessary to convey fully the extent of your injuries in building a solid case for relief.
Types of passenger car crashes and liability
To help you get the amount of compensation your injuries deserve, your attorney must be able to prove what caused the accident and who is to blame. At The Hope Law Firm, we’ve managed cases with a variety of collision scenarios, including:
- Head-on — By far the most dangerous traffic collisions involve cars traveling in opposite directions at high speeds when one of the cars crosses into the oncoming lane. In head-on collisions the forces of two moving objects are added together, producing catastrophic results. Unless there are extenuating circumstances, the fault lies with the driver who crossed the divider.
- Rear end — These collisions are not as deadly because the force of the oncoming car is absorbed as the rear end of the stationary car crumples. Even more, force is dispelled if the struck car is moving. But complications occur when the struck car is forced forward into other vehicles in a chain reaction. The driver of the struck car may also lose control, veering into another lane. Rear-end collisions are usually a sign that the oncoming car was following too closely or not paying attention.
- Side-swipe — A violent brush in either the opposite or same direction can cause a struck car to over-correct, so it flies off the road or into other lanes of traffic. The fault lies with the driver who wandered into the adjacent lane.
- T-bone — A common accident at intersections, a T-bone occurs when the front of one vehicle hits the broad side of another. At high speeds, T-bone crashes can be deadly for either driver. The cause is usually a driver’s failure to observe a stop sign or red light.
- Angular — Another common type of intersection crash occurs when a turning car and a car driving straight through hit at less than a 90-degree angle. Here, too, the fault is usually on the part of a driver who ran a stop sign or red light.
Our familiarity with a variety of collision types and patterns of liability allows us to investigate your accident efficiently to build a compelling case.
Contact our car crash attorneys in West Des Moines
When it comes to managing your legal claim, there’s no substitute for experience. At The Hope Law Firm, PLC, our attorneys have distinguished themselves over decades of service to injured plaintiffs. To schedule your free consultation, call (515) 298-5056 or contact us online.